|Click to enlarge image(s)|
This Powder Through Expander (PTX™) was specially designed for loading Hi-Tek Coated .45 cal. cast lead bullets for .45 ACP (.451″-.452″). It is sized to provide enough case expansion to prevent shaving the polymer coating. And to provide for minimum swaging of the bullet’s base, the expander portion is almost three times longer than the standard .45 cal. Powder Through Expander.Features
• For .45 cal. (.451″-.452″) Hi‑Tek Coated Cast Lead Bullets
• Expander Tip 3X Longer than Original
• Precision Machined from 12L14 Steel
• Case Hardened to RC55+
• Highly Polished Expander Tip for Smooth Release
• Smoother Interior for Smooth Powder Flow
• Drop In Replacement for Original Hornady Powder Through Expander (PTX™) **
• Works ONLY on Hornady Lock-N-Load® AP™ press †
** Powder Die adjustment will be required.
† NOT for Dillon powder measures or presses. A .45 HTC Powder Funnel for Dillon is available Here.
NOTE: The .45 HTC Powder Through Expander is shown in photo with a standard Powder Through Expander for comparison purposes only. All Powder Through Expanders are sold individually.
Q: Can I use the .45 HTC Powder Through Expander for .45 Colt?
A: Yes, but if you are loading bullets larger than 0.452″, you will need to adjust the powder die down enough to flare the case mouth to accept the larger diameter bullet. There will also be some minor sweging of the bullet base with soft lead bullets.
|Manufactured by Photo Escape, Inc.
Lock-N-Load is a registered trademark of Hornady.
PTX, AP and Ammo Plant are trademarks of Hornady.
Submit a Review...